During the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, your safety and the safety of our staff is our primary concern. Key to this, is following government recommendations closely, and with the recent change of government advice around the pandemic, we wanted to let you know that we’ve updated our COVID-19 guidelines.
As a dental practice we operate with the highest level of cross infection control and cleanliness at all times but along with taking official advice, we are also putting additional measures in place to help fight the spread of the virus.
Each patient now has access to hand disinfectant gel and we have increased our cleaning and disinfecting of communal areas and regular touched areas.
What we are asking of our patients:
- If you have been in close contact with someone with confirmed coronavirus,
- If you have you been asked to self-isolate,
- If you have you been to any of the following in the last 14 days: Wuhan city and Hubei Province, Iran, Daegu or Cheongdo (Republic of Korea), Italy, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam,
- If you have a dry cough, raised temperature or symptoms of coronavirus infection (COVID-19) however mild or flu-like symptoms,
Then please do not attend the surgery and call NHS 111 if your symptoms worsen.
We also recommend if you are over 70 years old, or in a high-risk group (eg with some underlying health issues), you do not attend the surgery.
For those attending the practice
- Please try and attend alone if possible.
- Please attend punctually at the time of your appointment and avoid waiting in the practice unnecessarily, we are extending appointment times to allow for any over running and increased cross infection control between patients.
- Please try to maintain social distancing in the communal areas.
- It is likely we will ask some questions to screen your general health.
- We will ask you to hand wash on entering and are offering you your own pair of disposable gloves to wear on attendance to protect you and us. Our team members will also be wearing these.
- We will ask you to pre-rinse with a disinfecting oral rinse for 30 secs.
- Try to avoid touching your face whilst on the premises.
- Should you need to cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, or your sleeve (not your hands) if you don’t have a tissue, and throw the tissue away immediately. Then wash your hands or use a hand sanitising gel.
- Please place all tissues and cups in the bins provided.
- We are looking to reduce aerosol use and our hygienist appointments may not include the use of the ultra-sonic cleaner, but by hand instrumentation only.
Please be assured that your health and safety and of our team members remains our number one priority. We are exceeding recommended cross infection and PHE guidelines to deliver this.
It is likely we may reduce our opening hours over the coming weeks and will notify you of this.
Should you have any further queries or concerns please call us on 020 7636 5981.
We thank you for your understanding and ongoing support, especially during these unprecedented times.